Introducing the following monsooners (half of them are return travelers!) accompanying me on my December trip to Southeast Asia:
From December 2nd to December 13th we are monsooning through:
Want to come with us? It’s never too late. Leave a comment or e-mail me to join.
Palawan Island Hopping
Dec. 2 – Dec. 7th
- Arrive at your leisure and meet at Southern Cross Hotel in downtown Makati
- Makati is the party town of Manila — we go out hot and hard here; karaoke, bars, clubs, the lot!
- Despite the night out we get up nice and early for the short flight to Puerta Princesa in the island group of the Palawan.
- On arrival we will be met by our private bus to start the 6 hour journey to El Nido. On the way we stop for lunch. This is a stunning drive with us heading through pristine Philippines countryside.
- We check into our private accommodation before taking the short walk to the bars, restaurants and clubs that litter the beaches.
- First day of our private island hopping in the Bacuit Archipelago with visits to Big and Small Lagoons, Commando beach, and Secret Lagoon.
- Fresh BBQ lunch by our boat crew.
- Evening out eating, drinking and optional clubbing in El Nido
- Island hopping to Snake Island, Cathedral cave, and Codugnon Caves.
- Fresh BBQ lunch by our boat crew.
- Evening out Karaoke’ing. You have not been to Asia unless there is Karaoke.
- A little free morning time in El Nido (lunch on your own this day).
- Afternoon departure for overnight camping on one of the close by islands for our own little October full moon party.
- Dinner at night with island BBQ and breakfast on the beach the next morning.
- On our return to El Nido we check out of our accommodation and grab our bus again for the ride back to Puerto Princesa.
- We stop for lunch on the way back and then for a quick dinner in Puerto Princesa before flying back to Manila
- Another night in the Southern Cross and one last thriller in Manila.
Singapore, Bali and Timor
Dec. 8th – Dec. 13th
- Transfer to the airport for the 10:40am flight to Bali via a 4 hour layover in Singapore
- While in Singapore, we will have a chance to clear customs for a quick city tour.
- Fly on to Bali.
- Bali is THE party town of Indonesia, so we check our bags at the airport and hit the town for an optional all nighter!
- After the all night bender that is Bali we board 9:55am flight to Dili, the capital of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste.
- Transfer to our hostel before taking a city tour of this formerly war torn republic, and one of the newest countries on the planet.
- Take a city tour of the capital which includes the statue of Jesus, resistance museum, and war memorial.
- Dili is a beach town, so we can party the night away in one of the many beach bars of the city.
- We take a bus out to Baucau, the second largest city in the country and major player during the war of independence.
- Stop for picture opportunities in the countryside.
- Visit the convent mission and take an afternoon volunteering with the orphans of the country, helping with some of the great work they are doing.
- Later in the afternoon we take a swim in the famous spring-fed pool.
- Hang out on the beach.
- Check into a beach hut and overnighting in Baucau.
- We take a very slow leisurely drive back to Dili, stopping off in the countryside for lunch and drinks.
- Early evening we return to Dili and check back into our hotel.
- Head back to the beach bars for our last night out in East Timor.
- Free morning in Dili before we board the 1:30pm flight to Bali, Indonesia.
- 2:15pm arrival in Bali where we head to the city and check into our hostel.
- Afternoon and evening dinner on the famous beaches of Bali.
- One final night in Bali!
- Board the 10:45am flight back to Manila again via Singapore
- Arriving in Manila at 8:10 pm.
- Last night at the Southern Cross, and the end of our trip!
Group A $795 (Manila – Manila, December 2nd – 7th)
Group B $1840(Manila – Bali – Dili – Bali – Manila, including flights, December 2nd – 13th)
Group C $1590 (Manila – Bali – Dili, including flights, December 2nd – 12th)
Group D $495 (Dili only, December 9th – 12th)
Group E $1190 (Manila – Bali – Dili, not including flights, December 2nd – 12th)
Price inclusive of:
- All transport
- All accommodation
- Internal flights (International flights between The Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, East Timor, and back to The Philippines from December 2nd to December 12th, if Group B or C)
- Unlimited rum on the bus
- Selected meals
Price exclusive of:
- International Flights to/from wherever you are to begin the trip
- Visa (we will advise you depending on your passport and country of residence)
- All meals (except for 7 breakfasts, and homestay group meal)
- Optional activities/day-tours/excursions
- Departure taxes and excess baggage fees
Interested? All you gotta do is email me: calvin[at]monsoondiaries[dot]com or sign up for our emails.