As promised, posting the group photos of our talk on international traveling (“Chasing Wanderlust 101!”) at the Midwest Asian American Student Union (MAASU) Spring Conference today.
Hello from the University of Wisconsin – Madison!
Thanks for coming to hear us speak and exceeding the limit of the space capacity for our workshop.
And of course no conference is complete without a reunion with old friends and family:
It’s time to recuperate for a few hours. Because to put money where our mouth is, we are about to:
1. Party tonight with the rest of MAASU until 2am
(what ended up happening: colonizing the nearby Milio’s because they didn’t have a coat check for our bags)
2. Catch a 2:20am bus (luckily the bus pickup is a 2min walk from the afterparty venue) that’ll take us on a 3 hour ride directly to the Chicago ORD airport
3. Arrive to the airport at 5:30am
4. Take an 5 hour flight leaving from Chicago ORD at 8:30am for Aruba
5. Spend an 5 hour layover in Aruba
6. Get on a connecting 1 hour flight to Caracas, Venezuela, landing at 9:30pm
7. Meet up with the rest of a group on an overnight bus leaving at 10pm from Caracas CCS airport for Ciudad Bolivar
8. Arrive at Ciudad Bolivar at 5:30am in the morning
9. Catch a 7:30am flight to Canaima National Park
10. Take a small boat across the lagoon and past Hacha falls
11. Hike through the jungle to Sapo Falls
12. Reach the camp where we probably will finally get a full night’s rest — in a real bed — for the first time in 2 weeks.
– At time of posting in Madison, WI, it was 62.6 °F – Humidity: 25% | Wind Speed: 10km/hr | Cloud Cover: Sunny