Epiphanies on the Road - A collection of revelations while traveling
- One Last Night in Hong Kong June 16, 2014
The wanderer is alone. He is but a single leaf drifting in a forest, relishing in the anonymity granted by the countless cities that shelter him.
- Pickpocketed in Ecuador April 23, 2014
After visiting the Middle of the World in the morning, I set off to Quito’s New Town to meet Annie Huang, a friend of a friend studying abroad in Quito who had been introduced to me over Facebook last night.
Over our spirited conversations over a fantastic lunch consisting of crepes, waffles and ice cream, Annie (who I had a great time getting ...
- One Last Day in Lahore January 6, 2014 On a daily basis the media compels us to think twice about traveling to a certain place, but Pakistan is one where I wouldn’t think twice about coming back to again, simply because of the family that took me in and made me feel like I was one of them.
With the weddings, outings, family functions, ...
Post-travel Reflections - The usual symptoms of post-travel withdrawal
- Proof I Was A Medical Student (My Graduation Speech) May 29, 2014
I started this blog 4 years ago, exactly at the time when I also started medical school. In a way, my journey with The Monsoon Diaries would not have been possible without my parallel journey through medical school.
And after about 60 countries with The Monsoon Diaries, I’ve also been conferred my medical degree in my very home of New ...
- Ghost Festival in Dali February 10, 2014
The following is the second of 4 guest posts on China by Lei Zhao, who continues to contribute to the Monsoon Diaries adventures time and time again.
Lei Zhao and I have been close friends since 7th grade of middle school. Saying that we’ve been through a lot together is an understatement. And he’s probably one ...
- Top 11 Experiences in Argentina December 27, 2013
I went to Argentina with my sister and our friend Eva in March. This is a list of my favorite experiences.
(and why you should go!)
Its everywhere. Its delicious. Bring your dairy pills because you’ll want globs of it every day.
10. Graffiti/Street art
Especially near La Boca, colorful graffiti covers Buenos Aires. Sometimes its on cars. ...
Leave a Reply