October 18th – 22nd
October 18th – 22nd
Manila, The Philippines
Angeles City, The Philippines
Laoag City, The Philippines
Batac, The Philippines
Currimao, The Philippines
Vigan, The Philippines
Join us and YPT for our tour to deep into the heart of rural Philippines in search of the most unique and difficult-to-reach mausoleums of former heads of state. The Ferdinand Marcos Mausoleum is the world’s only privately-run, non-communist, non-government mausoleum.
Our tour starts in Manila before we work our way up through rural Philippines stopping at some breathtaking sites before returning to Manila. If you have never experienced rural off the beaten track southeast Asia then this is the trip for you.
This trip fits nicely after our joint Palawan Island Hopping Tour, and can be combined for a further discount. And as with all trips we are offering discounts to all returning Pioneers, GNTers, Monsooners, and group bookings.
Tuesday 18th October
- Group meet at the Swagman Hotel, Manila for the 3pm bus to Angeles City arriving at around 5pm.
- Check into our hotel located on Fields Avenue in Angeles City.
- We head for dinner before spending the night barhopping around Fields Avenue
- Overnight in Angeles City
Wednesday 19th October
- We get up early to begin our 8 hour trek to Laoag City passing through some pristine Philippines countryside scenery and taking various rest stops.
- Lunch over journey
- In the afternoon we head out to what is the only desert in the Philippines. As an optional activity it is possible to rent either 4×4’s or Quad bikes, or alternatively simply walk around the dunes enjoying the amazing scenery.
- In the evening we head out for seaside dinner and drinks in town
- Overnight in Laoag
Thursday 20th October
- Trip highlight time! We pack up our bags and head off for the second major part of our trip our journey to Batac the last resting place of Mr Ferdinand Marcos. Batac styles itself as the “home of great leaders” and there is lots of Marcos related things to do here.
- Lunch in town
- Our main port of call is the Marcos museum and Mausoleum which should take us a few hours to walk around and take photos in.
- In the afternoon we check out the Marcos University and the current home village of the surviving Marcos clan (his wife and son are still politicians)
- We have an early dinner in Batac before heading off to our nest destination
- We take the two hour drive to the quiet beach town of Currimao, frankly it is not the Philippines unless you take some time on some pristine private beachtime
- We check into our beach huts and take a relaxed night with a BBQ and drinks on our private beach
- Overnight in beach huts
Friday 21st October
- Free morning on the beach, or connected swimming pool with a local breakfast before we begin the next part of the journey.
- Lunch on the beach
- After lunch we take the 2 hour drive from Currimao to the beautiful colonial city of Vigan
- Check into hotel
- We take a 2 hour walking city tour along the cobbles streets of this old colonial city including the Mestizo old Chinese district and St Pauls Cathedral
- Dinner and drinks in the sleepy old town
- Overnight in Vigan
Saturday 22nd October
- The last 7 hour scenic drive back to Manila and the end of the trip. We can arrange extra accommodation, or ongoing transport for those that require it.
This is a joint trip with Young Pioneer Tours that will have representing Monsoon Diaries staff present on tour. We secure exclusive sales agreements with these companies whereby we can advertise and sell these tours at a significant discount to the customer.
Please note that this discount can only be secured when the booking is made though The Monsoon Diaries. Contact us for information on other tours run by these companies as we may be able to offer further discounts across all tours!
- All-inclusive price including food, guides, accommodations, and transportation
- 20% down payment required to secure your spot, the rest you can pay there when the trip begins.
- Spots limited! Inquire today!
Price inclusive of:
- All accommodation
- All guides
- All internal transport
Price exclusive of:
- Personal expenses
- Most meals
- Tips and gratuities