With the departure of our dear Corinne, an awaited meet-up with Caitlin in Laos, and one day to do everything in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), Calvin and I set out to cover the city’s attractions and do errands before Cambodia.
- Bus Station – buy tickets ($10 USD) to leave Saigon for Cambodia.
- Hindu Temple
- Reunification Palace
- War Remnants Museum – one of the most depressing points of our day – an embarrassing moment for me as an American to see and read about everything we did in Vietnam.
- Post Office – Calvin and I have already accumulated a few items to be sent home/to friends.
- Bank – I needed USD in order to leave Vietnam – I need to pay for my Cambodian visa and the “processing fee” at the border in US cash.
- Saigon Central Mosque
- Bahn Xeo – the best yet!
- Pit-stop for Che
- Jade Emperor Pagoda – it only took us forever to find it among the myriad of streets and lack of adequate identification on a map.
All finished before 3:30pm.
Streets of Saigon:
Burning Incense at the Hindu Temple:
My first experience with the snack beverage “Che” – a Vietnamese food stall commodity. It was great for taking the place of Taro-Coconut boba tea that I’ve been CRAVING since leaving home. I’d like to stock up on it before leaving Vietnam… but I leave tomorrow morning and I didn’t exactly bring Tupperware containers with me to Southeast Asia.
Jade Emperor Pagoda Videos:
Taxi Driver in Saigon:
The interesting thing is – he’s less bold than the drivers in Hanoi.
- At time of posting in Ho Chi Minh, it was 31 °C - Humidity: 70% | Wind Speed: 11km/hr | Cloud Cover: few clouds