UPDATE 4 hours later: What a fail. The rain picked up so much by the time we got to the balloons that they decided to send us home. They said they would call us in 2-3 hours if they decided to start it up again but as far as I know, nothing is happening. Nature, WHY?!

I’m pretty disappointed, seeing that we’re leaving Cappadocia tonight for Istanbul. At the end of the day though, it really was out of our control and I get to save 95 euros. But what this really means is that I’m about to pull a General Douglas MacArthur on Cappadocia: “I shall return.” Just you wait.

 

CDS_6408

CDS_6410

CDS_6415

CDS_6419

CDS_6442

 

It’s currently 5:22am in the morning. We’re soaking wet sitting inside a bus waiting for other people to get on; the worry is if we can make it to the hot air balloons before sunrise. It’s raining outside. Some of our clothes are still wet from yesterday. But there’s wireless on this bus. Badass.

 

CDS_6440

 34 total views

 

- At time of posting in Cappadocia, it was 13 °C - Humidity: 94% | Wind Speed: 3km/hr | Cloud Cover: rainstorm

 

Where Are We Now?

Click to open a larger map

Where Are We Next?

Click to open a larger map

Calendar of Posts

Post Categories