The bus ride that no one but Calvin and I found hilarious, then not so hilarious
In Nepal, the transportation is..well…not like Turkey’s. So to travel approximately 200 km, we alloted a day each way. The ride to Pokhara, was a little uncomfortable and long, but alright. The ride today back though, was a comedy of errors.
- 7:40 the bus leaves after the guy straps some stuff to the roof
- 8:00 the bus rear ends a taxi
- 9:22 we stop at a rest stop where they charge 40 rupees for toilet paper. the driver shoves some rocks under the bus
- 10:30 landslide blocks all traffic
- 10:45 we drive through a river
- 10:46 the wedged rocks fall out
- 11:03 I start this entry. Calvin and I are laughing hysterically. no one else seems to find this amusing. girl behind Calvin is near tears.
- 11:47 after passing by road washouts and stalled cars, we double park on the side on the road for no apparent reason. now we’re the cause of traffic.
- 12:20 rest stop 2. nothing to report here.
- 2:45 even crappier roads. and rain. I am being thrown out of my seat by the jolts. the bus’s shrill horn is screeching every 2 minutes. Calvin is going to murder someone
- 3:00 I miss those rocks dearly. I suspect they were used to stop the bus from bouncing so much.
- 3:25 the bus finally stops, mercifully.