No matter what happens, I am grateful to know I live in a world where even if I’m heading to a place like Syria, a wonderful group of great people would join me.
What is life when 16 exceptional, self-actualized, forward thinking, culturally competent, and socially conscious individuals — 14 of whom have traveled with me before — climb onboard for a type of experience where 99% of the world would otherwise look the other way?
. . . And I’m especially grateful to those returning with me for their 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even 7th monsoon:
- Ann “Dora the Explorer” Wen, previous monsooner to 15+ countries with me to France & Luxembourg, Australia & New Zealand, Prague & Budapest, Off the Coast of Eastern Africa, and The Persian Gulf!
- Evan “The Transporter” Danek, previous monsooner to 12+ countries with me to Prague & Budapest, Barbados, Pakistan, Unknown UAE, Afghanistan, and Off the Coast of Eastern Africa!
- Amanda “The Aviator” Cheng, previous monsooner to 3 countries with me to Bulgaria, Unknown UAE, and Afghanistan!
- Diana “Mia Dolan” Klatt, previous monsooner to Australia and Egypt!
- Alexandra “Venus Flytrap” De Rosa, previous monsooner to Australia, New Zealand, and Egypt!
- Bryce “Cowboy” Maynard, previous monsooner to Australia!
- Sampson “Alpaca” Lau, previous monsooner to Australia!
- Venla “Nomada” Maki Ikola, previous monsooner to Iraq and Pakistan!
- Elisabeth “Group Photo Queen” Koechlin, previous monsooner to Pakistan!
And the people I’ve picked up along my journeys:
- Pier-André Doyon, whom I traveled with to Socotra Island/Yemen and on The Saharan Odyssey!
- Meghan Whittaker, whom I traveled with to Socotra Island/Yemen!
- Kevin Kehnke, whom I traveled on The Saharan Odyssey!
- Priyanka Shetty, whom I met and traveled with in Egypt!
- Tom Karrel, whom I met in Rwanda!
Once again, I introduce the next generation of monsooners:
And where we’re actually monsooning to this Spring:
Still interested in joining us? More details about the trip can be found here.
And space is still available! Accepting non-USA passport holders only; USA passport deadline has passed, although exceptions may apply. Inquire within: calvin[at]monsoondiaries[dot]com.